Your short term insurance claim procedure may be for car, property, travel, business and medical insurance. It’s short term insurance because your insurance needs will change. You take out short term insurance for the period that you need it. It is useful for covering the financial risks to all your possessions.
Your short term insurance is flexible according to your circumstances, and it also caters to your changing needs. For the insured to be indemnified, they need to notify the insurer of the loss event so that the claims process can get going.
Short Term Insurance Claim Procedure – Get your Claim Filed
The notification of a claim is essential to the contract and, even if the policy did not contain any specific terms dealing with notification, the insured would have to notify the insured to initiate the claims process. So as soon as you have an accident in your car, get in touch with your vehicle insurance company so that they can help you with taking the necessary steps to get the claim filed.
There’s a correct way to go about claiming for short term insurance and the Ombudsman for Short-term Insurance sees many complaints related to claims. So the insurance company that makes claiming against your insurance policy easy is good. You should appreciate any company that supplies a streamlined claim service because of efficient, trained staff.
Short Term Insurance Claim Procedure – Fill in Forms Correctly
To ensure a smooth and satisfactory short-term insurance claim procedure, you must complete the forms correctly. Christelle Fourie who is a managing director of an insurance company says that if you don’t follow the correct procedures when you file a short-term insurance claim, it can cost you in terms of time and money. She offers some tips:
- File your claim quickly while all the events are fresh in your memory.
- Know what cover you have. Read your insurance policies and understand them.
- Call your insurance company, even at the scene of the accident. They will walk you through the steps you need to take and advise you on what you need to send them.
- Take photographs of the event such as a car accident and also write down details. That is so you can present your insurance provider with all the information they require. Always take down the particulars of the 3rd party involved as well such as their telephone number. You want to be able to reach them if you have questions you want answering.
- Never admit liability.
- Always report your car accident to the closest police station and do this as soon as possible.
- Always be 100% honest with how the incident occurred. If you file a claim with inaccurate information, there will be delays and frustrations. File a claim the correct way – quickly and with the truthful information.
Correct Claims Procedures Deserves Fairness
Your insurance company will tell you whether you have a deductible to pay, and also how the claim will proceed. Your insurance company is there to represent you, and by following the right procedures with your insurance company, things can move quickly. When you’ve followed the correct processes, as a consumer you have the right to a fair claims settlement service.
To get a FREE household insurance quote just complete and send the form on this page. For life insurance quotes go here